Cheesy Spaghetti Extraordinaire


Look! I mean, Look at this photo. Can you tell that the pasta is drenched in this cheesy, juicy sauce? Well... I can! And I can also assure you it tasted even more fantastic than it looks. My wonderful mother made this yesterday since I was more than preoccupied with my paper for school and she didn't want poor, poor girl to starve herself to the point she will just jump out of the window. Like that would happen. :D
But who knows what intense work and hunger will do to someone. 
Oh ya, like making me procrastinate once again. Oh well, you're welcome :) Because now you will have a recipe that you will want to cherish or even hide or keep it a secret because once others try this dish, they won't leave you alone until you give them the recipe. It's this good. Believe me. I mean, it's not even my recipe and I'm singing praises for it. 


Cheesy Spaghetti
makes for 4 people

200 ml (0.8 cup) cream - we used non-dairy
1 cup of the pasta water
200 grams (about 2 cups) grated gouda cheese - or the type you have at home
1/2 cup parmesan
2 cloves garlic - minced
salt
pepper
300 grams spaghetti (that's about 2/3 of the package)

Bring a big bowl of water to a boil. Add your pasta and 3 teaspoons of salt to it. Cook till al dente, about 8 minutes. Reserve some of the water for the sauce.

Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a bigger saucepan or wok. Add the minced garlic and cook for a few minutes. Pour the cream on top and let it simmer. Add 1 cup of pasta water and keep cooking. Mix in the cheeses and cook until you get a very creamy dense sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Stir the pasta in the sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy! :)




Comments

Popular Posts