Nutella stuffed Crepes


Happy summer everyone! I just realized that I haven't posted a single recipe this summer! Ooooh, bad, bad girl. My excuse, this time, is that my computer keeps breaking down. I haven't been able to work on it this whole month! Imagine your life without your computer. 

On one hand, it sounds good news to me! No computer, no work, no frustration, nothing. But on the other hand, work has to be done regardless so yup. I've been using my mom's but still, it's someone else's and inspiration doesn't hit me so hard when I don't have my stuff.

Oh well. Life goes on and I have made some pretty yummy things. Like these crepes that are loaded with Nutella. I mean stuffed to the point that it's almost too much of the gooey, hazelnutty, chocolatey, rich spread. But thankfully, the crepe compensates nicely. Since it's not very sweet, the combination of the two makes a deathly good pair. 
I mean, come on! Crepes are one of the best things in life. Yes, they are better than pancakes. In my opinion. 

You can put pretty much anything on top. I love mine with sweet ricotta cream. Or homemade strawberry jam. Or a poppy seed cream with sour cherries. Okay, I just made that up now, I've never had poppy seed cream in crepes. But now that I think of it, it should taste amazing! :)


Also, if you make your crepes without sugar you can make a fantastic cheesy mess! Just grate an awful lot of good quality cheese on top of a crepe, fold them and grill them in a pan. Yum!
Okay, okay I will just give you the recipe that will enable you to make some for yourself! ;)

Crepes
makes 20 bigger ones

3 eggs
3 Tbsp raw cane sugar
9 dl milk
2 dl sparkling water
450 grams flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix the eggs with the sugar. Add half the amount of the milk. Add half the amount of flour. Mix it together. Add the remaining milk, vanilla extract and flour. Mix it so it will be lumpless. Add in the salt and sparkling water. The batter shouldn't be thick nor too thin, more like the consistency of cream. 

Add a few drops of oil into a pan. Turn the heat to medium and wait until the pan becomes hot. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and tilt it with a circular motion so the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook each side about 1-2 minutes.
You should turn the crepe when you see small air bubbles and the sides turn a little darker in color. 

Repeat the same method with the remaining batter. Always add a few drops of oil in the pan so the crepes won't stick to the bottom. 


Comments

Popular Posts