Strawberry-Banana Protein Shake




I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who is trying to slim down for the summer in the LAST MINUTE. Because nothing is more motivating me than the last minute. Even though, I know perfectly well in March and April that I should start getting ready for the bikini season, I just always think ehh I still have time. 
And then May is here, as well as the pounds on my hips. So what do I do? I jump right into the super duper healthy lifestyle I should be having all year long. Okay, I more or less lead a healthy life but I also let myself indulge in all kinds of sugary, buttery goodnesses from time to time. And lately, they became pretty frequent guests in my diet. Therefore, no matter how hard I worked out, the pounds never melted away.
But now!!! :) I work out 5 days a week and eat no sugar, no dairy, no flour... All the good stuffs are now... GONE. :) Actually, I'm trying out the Paleo but I don't think I can stick to it, like I love my oatmeal and it's crazy healthy too! So why eliminate it from my diet? 

But about this protein shake. I've started drinking protein shakes a couple months ago and I got hooked. I just love, LOVE how it helps me recover from an intense workout. I use whey protein powder and only after a workout. You should have it within 20 minutes after you finish with your training. I used to exhaust myself sooo much that after I was done with my workout, I got crazy hungry that would never go away! So I started eating sooo much that led to me gaining weight instead of losing it. That was the moment when I found out about whey and gave it a try. I'm lactose intolerant and I have no problem digesting it! In fact, I just feel great after I drink it! Oh and the best part, it makes me full. Mainly, if I add some delicious fresh fruits to it, making it super healthy! :) It tastes like a milk shake without all the guilt! 

Strawberry-Banana Protein Shake
1 or 2 servings

1 cup rice milk - or any kind you like
1 cup cold water
1 scoop vanilla protein powder - I use Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, love it!
6 smaller-medium strawberries - cut into pieces
1/2 small banana

Add all ingredients to the blender ( make sure to add the protein powder last because it tends to stick to the bottom) and blend until smooth. Enjoy :)



Comments

Popular Posts