Tortellini Soup


Soups have become a staple in my kitchen. Not that I make soups that often but I love it when someone else makes them for me! :) Today was the exception when I decided to make some delicious minestrone like soup that is filled with many yummy tortellinis! I really am no good at making soups but this time I got it right! Actually, more than right :) I am completely smitten with this recipe! So light on the stomach yet so comforting. The ideal winter lunch for me :) Hope you'll like too!

Tortellini Soup

2 packages of cheese or meaty tortellini
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 carrots - diced
1 onion - minced
200 grams mushrooms - cut into smaller pieces
8 sausages - cut into pieces
1 can of beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
about 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
dried oregano
dried basil
parmesan cheese

In a large pan, heat the oil and add the sausages, onion and carrots. Saute them until they get soft. Season with salt and pepper. After 7 minutes, add in the mushrooms. Stir occasionally. Sprinkle them generously with the oregano and basil. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Transfer the sausage-vegetable mixture to a large cooking bowl. Pour the broth and tomato cans on them. Bring the soup to a boil. Add salt to taste. 
When the soup is simmering, add the beans and tortellinis to the soup. Cook as long as the package indicates. Mine took about 2 minutes.
Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy :)


Comments

Popular Posts