Why I cook with Pork...

As you all know, I don't usually do a lot of writing here, since this blog is all about RECIPES...however, I did promise to write a little, so I've decided to write about "Pork".

Why ? Because, if you haven't noticed, I do have quite a lot of pork recipes. The reason being,and I do admit - I love pork. Not to say I don't like other meats like beef, chicken, lamb etc... I do, but pork and I have a soft spot for each other.

Besides, compared to beef, lean cuts of pork, such as tenderloin or loin have a lot less fat per ounce than beef. And of course, the taste is very different. 

There are so many myths about pork that turn people on or off...mostly off. But I won't write about that, I'll let you do your own research and decide which side of the fence you're on. Of course, if you don't like it, you don't. End of discussion. Or if because of your traditions, religious constraints or other disallow you from eating this meat, then so be it.

I love it - for the taste, the texture, the versatility etc. And I like my pork "pink"... 

Following this post will be two more great, easy, Pork recipes, so ENJOY !

Comments

Popular Posts