Peaches n' Cream Oatmeal



It's maybe due to the fact that I eat oatmeal about 5 days a week for breakfast but I am like the happiest kid around the kitchen when it comes to creating newer and newer types of oatmeals. Oatmeal is one of the best foods out there. Seriously! Okay, if you don't sweeten it with a ton of sugar. But it will reduce the risk of heart disease, it will ease your digestion, it fills you up so you don't have to eat a lot, therefore it has a weight loss effect, as well! And these are only a few of the benefits of oatmeal. i encourage everyone to eat it as much as they can because really, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I suggest you to have it right! :) It will make you want to keep eating healthy for the rest of the day. Or something like that... I do cheat from time to time, even if I started with oatmeal. :P

Today I had this more than amazing oatmeal as a snack/early dinner because I just wanted something sweet, low-calorie and light before a nice workout (I am still ahead of that nice workout :D ) so oatmeal just seemed perfect! I eat my oatmeal in the morning salty and when I eat it as a dinner I like to sweeten it up. Who knows why... So I saw some lonely nectarines in the kitchen and the recipe just came together! A super creamy, fruity dessert porridge! Yum! This is honestly the best oatmeal I've ever eaten. I know, I always say that. Well, I am a fickle creature :) And I always fall in love with something new... Oh!! I almost forgot to mention! This oatmeal is vegan!! How cool is that?? :) 

Peaches n' Cream Oatmeal
makes for 1 person

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup rice milk or any type of milk substitute 
1 cup water
1 nectarine or peach, cut into small bits
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon brown cane sugar
1 teaspoon non-dairy cream 

In a medium saucepan, measure out the oats, rice milk and water. Place the pan on a very low heat and season the oats with salt. While it's cooking, cut the peach and add it to the mixture. Add the agave syrup and cane sugar. Stirring occasionally, cook it for about 15 minutes. Add the vanilla. Before serving, add the splash of cream. 


Comments

Popular Posts