Coconut-Almond Butter stuffed Chocolate Cups


I wasn't gonna make a dessert today. Let alone something chocolatey. No no no! I wanted to have a dessert-free week. And look, I made chocolate cups! How did this happen?? 
Anyways... These cups are amazing. Seriously, finger-licking good. Not exaggerating. You need to make this!! I used to go crazy for Reese's but after a while I got so fed up with the excessive sweetness. Yeah, I find Reese's way too sweet and too dense. That's why I fell in love with these cups. These are not overly sweet, yet really rich and the salt on top  takes it to the next level. I am in love. Although I did eat only a half of it. But I'm thinking hard to eat another half :) I might as well just do it. What's the harm? 1 pound on my hips? Oh well! :P

So it all started with me buying a bag of almonds. To make almond butter. Then I wanted something extra so I started making coconut butter first and I kinda added more coconut than almonds... It's like raffaello butter. Utterly delicious AND healthy! But then it was too healthy and wanted to pair it with chocolate. So this is how I came up with the cup idea... The idea of the week, for sure! :)



Coconut-Almond Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cups
makes 7 pretty big cups

for the coconut-almond butter

1/2 cup almond
3/4 cup shredded coconut - unsweetened
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1/3 cup rice milk - or any type of milk

First, start off with toasting the almonds in a pan.


It takes about 10 minutes. While they are cooling, start processing the coconut. When they  are coming together, add the almonds and process. Add in the agave syrup and process some more. Occasionally stop and scrape the sides. Don't want the processor to overwork. When they get a dense texture, add the milk gradually. 1 tablespoon at the time. Process. Add more milk, process. Process until you get the right texture. And you're done!


for the chocolate cups

7 teaspoons coconut-almond butter
250 grams chocolate (about 1,4 cups)
1 tablespoon oil
coarse sea salt

Melt the chocolate with the oil in a bowl over boiling water. Place muffin papers in the muffin holes. Pour one tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each hole. Then add 1 teaspoon of butter over the chocolate.


Then top it with another tablespoon of melted chocolate. Sprinkle sea salt on top and put the muffin pan into the freezer. 15 minutes is enough for them to set. Enjoy :)


Comments

Popular Posts