Homemade Peanut Butter


There's something magical in recreating store-bought foods at home. It might be the fact that homemade is most of the time a lot healthier... Or that you know exactly what's in the food you put in your mouth. Or that you can alter it to your own taste. And frankly, I always feel like I'm such a super cool person to be able to make tortillas at home. Or homemade Nutella, or almond butter... So I thought it was time to write a post about homemade Peanut Butter!
It is so super duper easy and healthy! I can't buy my favorite peanut butters in Hungary so it leaves me 2 options. Buy that crazy expensive, nasty Dutch peanut butter or make my own. Hmm... Doesn't take a genius to guess which option I chose :P I've tried making peanut butter at home many many times before always doing something different... This time I didn't add any oil in it, nor honey that I usually make it with. I sweetened it with 1 teaspoon maple syrup! Oh my... It added such an amazing flavor, let alone the creamy texture it has. Almost as if I'm eating Skippy! Okay, less sweet but that's how I like it! :)

Homemade Peanut Butter

200 grams roasted unsalted peanuts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon maple syrup

Add your peanuts to a food processor and start processing it. 


It will be coarse at the beginning but don't worry, keep processing. Add your salt and maple syrup after it looks like it's starting to come together.


You may have to stop and scrape the sides so it will be creamy all the way through. 
Process, process, process for about 10-13 minutes or until you like the consistency of your peanut butter. You can leave a few whole nuts and add it at the end to have crunchy peanut butter. This time, I chose to leave it creamy :)


Comments

Popular Posts