The creamiest Oatmeal ever!


When someone mentioned oatmeal I was always the first and loudest to protest. 
Oatmeal = eww. That is how I always thought of it, I even called it "the snot". Okay, I still call it that way :) Pretty appetizing, right? But I tried to like it. I knew it was so good for my health and body so I kept forcing down a few spoons each and every day to follow it a "normal" breakfast. I did that until 2012 when I made a resolution or more like a determination to finally lose that 10 pounds I've been playing around with as a yo-yo. So I stuck to "the snot", trying all kinds of versions of it until I found this Coconut Oatmeal recipe I posted a few weeks ago. That became my favorite but you just can't eat the same thing every day. So I kept on experimenting. And that is how I finally found the creamiest, most yummy tasting oatmeal ever! Oh and have I mentioned how healthy it is? I don't add any sugar because it's just sweet enough for me but of course, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of brown cane sugar. Or maple syrup. It's up to you. But what makes it so amazing? Rice milk. And a tiny teaspoon of real butter. These 2 ingredients make all the magic happen. You can substitute rice milk to any types of milk but I found rice milk the most tasty. I am intolerant to cow milk so I can't drink it. I hate how soy and oat milk tastes and almond milk is way too expensive around here. I hope you'll fall in love with this recipe as much as I did!

The creamiest Oatmeal ever
makes for 1 person

1/2 cup whole grain oats
2 tablespoons wheat bran
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon water
1/2 cup rice milk - or any type of milk
1/2 - 1 teaspoon butter
pinch of salt
optional: 1 teaspoon cane sugar or maple syrup

Add oats and wheat bran into a cooking bowl. Pour the water and milk on it and start cooking it. Add a pinch of salt. Cook it for about 7 minutes, stirring it frequently. When it thickened, turn the heat off and add the butter and cover it for 3 minutes. Serve it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a few apple slices or half a banana. 




Comments

Popular Posts