Oatmeal/Pancakes -> Oatmeal-Banana Cake


I had an idea. What if I take oatmeal to the next level? What if I make the healthiest, the best for your body pancakes? What happens when you combine these two aspects? You most definitely get a delicious, over-the-top breakfast! I wouldn't have thought it'd turn out so GOOOOOOD! With a trillion O's :) Because when I took my first bite I was like, no way... This is the best of both worlds! You can taste the chewy, creamy oatmeal as well as enjoy it as a real, fluffy pancake! Oh, and there is absolutely no added sugar in it. None. The best healthy breakfast ever, I swear :) Okay, I am just so excited to share this recipe I can't help but praise these lovely oatmeal-banana cakes, as I call them.


I admit, making these is a bit more time-consuming but do you seriously care when you get to eat pancakes with no guilt? I certainly don't! :P Also, if you eat oatmeal every morning as I do, then mixing it up is so refreshing! I tend to get bored with eating and doing the same things every day...
Okay, I'll just go ahead and share it with you! 

Oatmeal-Banana Cake
makes for 6 medium sized pancakes

for the oatmeal

1/2 cup whole grain oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 rice milk - or any type of milk
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter

for the pancakes
2 heaped tablespoons oat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1/4 cup rice milk - or any type of milk
1/2 mashed banana
1 teaspoon oil

First, let's prepare the oatmeal. Measure the oats, water, milk and salt into a cooking pan. Start cooking it together, occasionally stirring. Cook it for about 8 minutes, then add the vanilla and the butter. Turn the heat off, place a lid on the pan and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.
In a bowl, mix the oat flour and baking soda together. Add it to the oatmeal. Beat the egg and milk together with a fork and pour it on the oatmeal-flour mixture. Stir it well. Add in the oil and mashed banana and mix it together.
Using a big spoon, pour it onto a hot griddle and cook until it bubbles on the top side. Flip it and cook it for about a minute. Serve it with maple syrup.


Comments

Popular Posts