Cheesy Spinach Omelet


I ran out of my favorite oatmeal mix which consists of oat, rye, wheat and barley flakes. They are so healthy and taste okay too ;) So now I got a new one, it is oatmeal + wheat bran. I made it as I would have made it my normal oatmeal and it tasted disgusting. So nasty I had to throw it out. But this action left me still hungry. My temptation to eat eggs won me over so I headed to the fridge to get some eggs and then a super duper genius idea hit me. Why not throw some spinach and cheese in my omelet? That was probably my best idea this week (since it's Monday morning)... It was so delicious I couldn't praise it enough while eating. I was like ooooh-aahhh it is soooo good! It is nothing really special but its simplicity is the one that makes it awesome!

Cheesy Spinach Omelet
makes for 1 person

2 eggs
3 leaves spinach- I used frozen spinach: 2 small balls
1/2 cup cheese - I used Gruyére
Herbs de Provence
salt

Whisk the eggs and add a pinch of salt to them while you heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan. Add the spinach leaves, if you're working with frozen one then sprinkle it lightly with salt and cover it with a lid. If it absorbed all the oil, add a spoon of water and cover it until it is completely cooked. Then add the whisked eggs. Sprinkle it with Herbs de Provence. Wait a few seconds (don't stir) and then add your cheese. When the top looks semi cooked, about a minute later, push one edge of the omelet to the center. I flipped it one more time and when it looks cooked on both sides, slide your eggs into a plate. Bon appetite! 

Can you see my cat in the background? :)

Comments

Popular Posts