Pasta Salad with Salmon and Beans


This time of autumn is definitely my favorite. I look outside my window and the colors mesmerize me...The shades of yellow, orange, red and green are just something that makes me feel so contentedly happy. I put in my favorite jazz CD so I am absolutely in my happy place now. But what is missing from this picture? Food, indeed!
Today I happened to find a recipe that caught my eye instantly. It was on the Self magazine website. Of course, it was just an idea for my recipe since I used fusilli pasta with salmon and added more veggies. 
Since this pasta salad has salmon, it is yet again not a vegan recipe. But I was just craving some fish so badly! It's not that bad, I hope... Oh well, the salad was just perfect, I don't care it wasn't vegan!
It is so fresh due to the lemon-olive oil dressing and all the vegetables! I advise you to make it ahead so the flavors would come together after a few hours. I ate it as a post-workout meal and it was the ultimate lunch for me :) I always wonder what I should eat after working out. When I still ate animal protein, I would just grab a greek yogurt, or made some eggs or cheese or something like that. But ever since I don't eat those things, what is the ideal nutrition I should be putting in my body? I've read numerous articles, almost all of them say different things so I usually just listen to my body what it craves and that is what I give it. :) Today a salmon-bean pasta salad. Hope you'll like :)

Pasta Salad with Salmon and Beans

1 package Fusilli pasta
1 can salmon packed in oil
1 lemon - zest and juice
1 can white beans - rinsed and drained
1 can red beans
1 red bell pepper - sliced thinly
1 can corn
10 whole green olives - sliced thinly, I used olives filled with almonds
10 tablespoons virgin olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder
parsley - chopped

Cook pasta as directed on package. When it's cooked, drain it. 
Measure the olive oil in a medium bowl, add the lemon zest and juice. Add salt and pepper generously. Add a tablespoon garlic powder ( you can use fresh garlic also, but I am sensitive to garlic). Mix it together and set it aside while you add the vegetables to the pasta. 
Flake the salmon to the pasta, add in the beans, bell pepper slices, corn and olives. Pour the lemon-olive oil dressing on it. Mix it well and add the parsley on top. Add more salt and pepper if desired. 
Put it in the fridge for a few hours before serving. 





Comments

Popular Posts