mushroom barley soup


Unfortunately I don't remember much about making this, since it was months ago. The photos were trapped on my chargeless camera for quite a while. I do remember that it was quite nice, though, and Stef says the same. I didn't know at the time that I'd be going to University of Michigan for my next degree, but apparently this recipe is from a delicatessen in Ann Arbor. Can't wait to see if mine tasted anything like the original!

The only changes I remember making were using butter instead of margarine, vegetable instead of beef broth, and throwing out the dried mushrooms because they didn't soften properly (you could probably skip them, or just have better luck/mushrooms than me... you really just need some sort of mushroom broth). It was nice and thick and perfect on a winter evening, with some crusty bread to dip in. Anyway,

Comments

Popular Posts