Hot cross buns


Hey! Life is super duper crazy, more so than usual. Oof! Anyway, real fast, my sister is here visiting for a second and I wanted to make something delicious, then I remembered about hot cross buns! Oh yeah, they're delicious. I haven't had them in ten years or something, and these are what I wanted. Happy Easter!

Hot cross buns

Ok so I'm not going to post the recipe, really, because it's just this recipe, but without the apricots and plus:
3/4 c raisins
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t cardamom
1/4 t cloves
1/4 t nutmeg
zest of 1 orange

Add the spices and zest with the other dry ingredients, then after beating the dough stir in the raisins. I scooped the dough into muffin tins instead of trying to shape each glob nicely. Makes a little under 2 dozen.

For the crosses
1 T milk
1/2 c powdered sugar

Stir together, and spread over the top with spoons onto the cooled rolls.

Comments

Popular Posts