Molasses crinkles


I had some different cookies in mind when I made these, but then ate these instead because they were delicious. I was looking for some sort of soft, chewy, flatter gingery molassesey cookies, but these will do. I'll find that recipe someday, but in the meantime, enjoy this one! I made these cookies fairly large, but you can make them smaller, just adjust the baking time accordingly.

Molasses crinkles

3/4 c shortening, room temp (I used Earth Balance)
1 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c molasses
1 egg
2 1/4 c flour mix
1/2 t xanthan gum
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 t ginger
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 t salt
granulated sugar

Beat shortening, brown sugar, molasses and egg until smooth. Stir together the dry ingredients except the granulated sugar, then stir into the shortening mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 375. Roll balls of dough about the size of a golf ball in sugar, then place a few inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake about 14 minutes, until cracked and starting to brown.
I baked six at a time, and made about a dozen and a half.

Comments

Popular Posts