Buckwheat granola


I've been eating a lot of yogurt and granola lately at work. I've discovered this expensive, delicious raw buckwheat granola, but am sick of paying $9 for a bag. I wanted to make my own, but I don't have a dehydrator to make this raw, plus I have too many raw food allergies. I found a few recipes online for regular granola with buckwheat in it, so I decided to just go for it. This was a good life choice, this granola is delicious and crunchy. I did add in some oats, but next time I might skip them. The buckwheat gets all crunchy, the millet puffs a little and is crunchy, and it's not too sweet. 

You guys know buckwheat is not a wheat-y gluten grain, right? 


Buckwheat granola


2 1/4 c roasted buckwheat (kasha)
1 1/2 c oats
1/3 c millet
1/2 c almond slices
1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
1/2 c unsalted pistachios, chopped
1/3 c honey
1/3 c olive oil
1/4 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla
1/2 c chopped prunes
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2 c dried blueberries

Preheat oven to 300. Combine buckwheat, oats, millet, almond, sunflower seeds, and pistachios in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine the honey, oil, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla, and whisk together. Pour over the grain mixture, and stir well. Spread over a cookie sheet, and bake for 40 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from the oven when the granola is golden brown. Stir in the dried fruit, and let cool.

Sprinkle granola over yogurt and eat eat eat.

Comments

Popular Posts