bacon and egg salad, for sandwiches


I'm tired, and craving comfort food. Egg salad sandwiches and baked kale chips were what I wanted. Fast! Cheap! Easy! My favorite things. You all know I love deviled eggs, egg salad is just deviled eggs all chopped up and on a sandwich. Especially if you use a lot of mustard and paprika like me. Oh, and added bonus, I chopped up some bacon and added it in. Bacon and eggs are bff, everyone knows that!


Bacon and egg salad
makes about 4 sandwiches

8 eggs, hard boiled
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 c sweet hot mustard
1/4 c mayonnaise
2 T finely, finely chopped onion
1/2 t hot sauce
salt and pepper
1 t paprika

Peel the eggs, and cut them up into little tiny pieces. If you have an egg slicer, this is a useful tool. Put the eggs in a bowl, and add all the other ingredients. Stir well, and taste. You might want more mustard, or hot sauce, or more mayo. Serve on lightly toasted gf bread, or on crackers, or eat with a fork.

Oh and that bacon grease leftover from cooking the bacon? Toss some kale in a tablespoon of it and make the best kale chips ever. I promise.

Comments

Popular Posts