Spinach and garlic for people with sad mouths

I'm having a little bit of fun pureeing all my food. If only we had a better blender, but that's a different story. I really wanted to eat spinach with dinner, and thought I'd cook it with a lot of garlic and then chop it up with a knife, but the knife I wanted to use was dirty. So I used the blender. Oh boy. This is like creamed spinach, but without the cream.
I did have to add some broth to make the blender work, but the resulting tablespoon of liquid that was at the bottom of the bowl when I was done was delicious, so I didn't feel too bad about diluting the spinach.

Spinach and garlic puree

a splash of olive oil
2 cloves garlic (or more), minced
a few big handfuls of spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 to 1/2 c stock

Heat up the oil in a pan, then add the garlic and cook for a minute or two until fragrant. Add the spinach. If you pan is small and all the spinach won't fit at once, just add as much as will fit, wait for it to wilt, then add some more and keep going until you've used all your spinach. Cook all the spinach until wilted, then transfer to the blender. Add salt and pepper and stock, and pulse until there aren't many big pieces left.
Serves one.

Comments

Popular Posts