Chocolate chip waffles


My sister Dana and I both got waffle makers from our significant others for Christmas, so there have been a lot of waffles around lately. I've been using waffle mixes, but today I decided I should make them from scratch. It's just as easy as a mix, but with maybe one or two more steps. These are as good as any mix I've tried, and so much cheaper. 
Chocolate chip waffles
Adapted from the Joy of Cooking 

1 3/4 c rice flour mix
1 T baking powder
1/4 t xanthan gum
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt
3 eggs, beaten
4 T melted butter
1 1/2 c milk
1/2 c chocolate chips

Heat up your waffle maker. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl, pour in all the wet ingredients, and mix well. Pour however much your waffle maker needs, sprinkle in chocolate chips, and cook according to your waffle makers specifications. Makes about 3 1/2 cups of batter, which makes however many waffles that is for your waffle maker (about 6 for mine). 

Comments

Popular Posts