Coconut milk rice pudding


My favorite thing to do with leftover rice, besides eat it plain with butter, is make rice pudding. I'm kind of shocked I've never posted a recipe for rice pudding, because I make it so often. This is a variation on the kind I usually make with milk, which I guess I'll post some other time. I discovered a can of coconut milk in the cabinet (don't you love that?) and have been thinking about rice pudding. I couldn't find a recipe, so I made up my own.

Coconut milk rice pudding (vegan!)
1 can coconut milk (I used original full fat, you can use low fat if you want)
1 c cooked rice
2 T brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon

Combine everything in a small pan. Cook over super low heat for 10-15 minutes until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Let sit for a few mins, then dig in. If it's too thick, add a tiny bit of milk or coconut creamer or milky beverage of your choice. If it's too thin, cook a little longer.

Comments

Popular Posts