Eggs Benedict


Alex and I thought that today we probably needed to eat all our fat for the week this morning. It was worth it, but won't happen again for a while. I perfect the art of poaching eggs, made my favorite English muffins, and tried out blender hollandaise. Alex cooked some super thick cut bacon, and all together, oh my gosh. This is a special breakfast, and didn't even really take that long. All together it took about an hour - way more than I'd spend on breakfast on a regular day but very worth it, especially if you have guests to impress. Sorry I'm not posting recipes, 

Eggs Benedict
for two

2 poached eggs (to make absolutely, positively perfect poached eggs, Elise at Simply Recipes wins)
a few pieces of bacon
an English muffin (I make pretty easy ones that take about 45 minutes)
Hollandaise (again, Elise at Simply Recipes nails this one)

Thick bacon is the best, but make sure you cook it enough that it can break apart, and it's not too chewy.
To assemble, place an English muffin on your plate. Top with some slices of bacon, a perfect poached egg, and some Hollandaise. Try not too inhale it.
Blender hollandaise is genius. No more whisking over a water bath and the fear of breakage. Hooray!

Comments

Popular Posts