Peanut noodles and tofu

So our vegan challenge is finished, and sorry for not posting more about it. We're still unpacking, a month later. We're been working, and driving, and visiting my family, and digging a garden. Turns out I have a problem buying plants - I can't help myself. Pictures to come, once we've finished planting.

One of my favorite vegan meals we had was peanut noodles with tofu. I've been buying fresh tofu, made locally. I forget the brand. In the picture I used spinach Tinkyada spaghetti, but it's just as good with regular spaghetti. Or even rice noodles, if it's too hot to cook for too long.

Peanut noodles and tofu
Adapted from epicurious.com

1 block tofu, cut into cubes and patted dry
1 T olive oil
1 package gf pasta, spaghetti or angel hair, cooked
1/2 c peanut butter (I've used both smooth and crunchy and like both equally)
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c warm water
2 T minced ginger
1 clove smashed garlic
2 T rice or cider vinegar
2 T sesame oil
2 T honey
hot pepper flakes to taste

Heat the oil in a large pan, and cook the tofu. I like to cook it a long time on each side, so it gets crispy on each side, then shake the pan around. Sometimes I get crazy and sprinkle it with garlic powder and pepper.
In the blender, combine everything else (peanut butter to pepper flakes) and taste. You might want to add a little more peanut butter or honey, or some chili oil. Toss with the noodle right before you serve it, then top with tofu. This is good warm, or cold for lunch the next day.

Comments

Popular Posts