Fruit Cake

My this week's post on the Hungary starts here blog:

--------------------------------------------------------------


I have a mission to share with you the gems and secrets of the Hungarian Culinary. However today I would like to make an exception. Let me break the rule as to share with you the recipe of my husband favorite Nóra's fruit cake. The fruit cake isn't a typical Hungarian food, although you can find a wide choice of it in most of the Hungarian confectioners' menus.






Actually my husband, Vitya celebrated his 33th birthday last week. Oh my God! He reached the age of Jesus Christos's death :) I hope he will be wiser, yet remain young- and good-looking man forever. He loves to play with our children, like in this picture :)






Hence for his birthday among others I've surprised him with his favorite cake :)






Ingredients:

4 egg

20 dkg flour

25 dkg sugar

4 tbs hot water

1/2 lemon

1 tsp baking powder

vanilla pudding, fruits and gelatin for decorating



Prepare:

1. Mix yolks with sugar, add the 4 tbs water and mix.

2. Add the lemon juice, the flour and the baking powder and mix well.

3. Add the whipped white of eggs. Then put the whole mass into the fruit cake form.

4. Bake at 180 Celsius, for 25-30 minutes.

5. If the cake sheet is lukewarm smear with vanilla cream (or vanilla pudding), decorate with fruits and carefully cover with the cooked gelatin.

6. Finally enjoy the result of your work with your family :)






Bon Apetit!


Comments

Popular Posts